Students who participate in this program cannot fulfill their German major requirements abroad. Also, students returning from the Koblenz program must take at least one 400-level courses at Washington University upon their return.
Credits for Students in the Business Internship Program
- Students who attend the language course in Koblenz will receive 3 units of credit on the 300 level
- All Koblenz students are required to write a Business School thesis in English
- Students who wrote ANOTHER Business School thesis in German will receive an additional 3 units of credit on the 300 level for the German thesis
- Students who already took German 408D AND who write a second thesis (in German) can INSTEAD receive 3 units of credit on the 400 level for the German thesis
- These credits can be applied to the major, but they cannot be used to FULFILL the major, i.e., to complete it (see headnote)
- The German thesis cannot be identical to the English thesis (i.e., a translation). It must contain some new material. The German thesis should be about 10 pages in length, double-spaced
- The maximum amount of German credit units a student may receive from the Koblenz program is 6 (see points 1, 3, and 4)
- Students must consult with the German faculty liaison before their departure regarding approval of the German credit
For more information, please contact Jennifer Kapczynski.